Skip to main content

Berry Tote Bag


The days had been busy but still I managed to find some time to sew
and finished this Berry Tote Bag :)


I had came across the tote bag tutorial by Ayumi Mills @ Pink Penguin while looking around for tote bag inspirations.
It was my first time making a bag with a cover but I finished the bag with no hiccups! I guess I have the tutorial to thank as the instructions were so clear and easy to follow!

For this Berry Tote Bag, I had used strawberry garden linen mix cotton fabric and a red tiny dot cotton fabric for the body and rim of the bag.
Both fabrics were purchased from Tine's shop - bytinster on etsy and oh, bytinster is having a 40% discount now!
For the handle, it is brown cotton by Lecien. As for the cover fabric, it's a medium weight floral design which I bought from ebay a long time ago.

As I had meant this to be a tote bag rather than lunch bag,
I made changes to the boxing corner and had it sewn at 3" instead of the 5" mentioned on the tutorial.

I am happy with the finished bag and loving this bag style. The tutorial really makes it so much easier to complete the bag :D

Next on "order" - from my little girl, is to make a lunch bag
in her favourite Hello Kitty fabric and then perhaps one to keep my working yarns and a few more for my nieces.

Comments

  1. this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your bag came out so pretty!! I love the fabric you used too! So glad to hear my instruction was easy to follow! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Anonymous.

    thanks Ayumills. my sister is really pleased and happy with this bag that i gifted her. thanks again for sharing your pattern. i look forward to trying more patterns by you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment